Saturday, December 23, 2017

Mr. Men/Doctor Who designs - Introduction

So I've been a fan of Doctor Who and the Mr. Men for a while and thought on doing some personal blog posts about my designs of the characters from Doctor Who if they were in Mr. Men and Little Miss form.



For those who don't know, Doctor Who is a science fiction series the BBC aired since 1963 about a alien known as the Doctor, a Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey who can travel in time and space. The initial series was going to teach history lessons, but this drifted away once the science fiction kicked in.

I got into Doctor Who around early 2009 when I decided to give it a watch after some friends online were talking about it, and it was very good! I haven't watch it too much after Series 6 as I started to stop watching it due to other stuff (and no, it wasn't because of how the show was getting worse), but I do go back in and out watching some of the recent clips in and out, as well as the older episodes during the classic era.

My drawing of the (then) 11 Doctors in Mr. Men form

One of the things I wanted to do after getting into drawing again was doing some Doctor Who artwork done in the Mr. Men style, specifically the 2008 show as I was getting my groove for the style, and while I may not be the first one to think of this, I was the first to express it online. I thought both of these franchises together would be interesting as they're both British and the fact the BBC aired these (at least the original Mr. Men from the 1970s). I kinda stopped this sometime after 2011 as I was losing interest of both franchises, but started to get back late last year after hearing about the Doctor Who/Mr. Men crossover books from the BBC, and as I was getting my Mr. Men interest back.

Ian Chesterton, Sarah Jane Smith, Peri Brown and Adric

I'll be posting some of the Doctors, companions, props and other characters from that show in the Mr. Men style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr. Men Show Redesign - Miss Trouble

Hey everyone. Sorry if I was absent for a month, had a lot of things to do for February, but I'll explain about one of these days. Movin...