Tuesday, January 9, 2018

First Doctor in Mr. Men form

Happy 2018 everybody! Sorry I hadn't posted anything yet for awhile, but I decided to start things off of talking about my designs of the Doctor Who characters in Mr. Men and Little Miss form. I'll start off with the First Doctor.


As you can tell from the name, First is the original incarnation of the Doctor's life (or you want to go with the original plan of Power of the Daleks and Brain of Moribus was that he was "not", but this was debunked by the time "The Five Doctors" stated he IS the original) who left his home planet Gallifrey with his granddaughter Susan and traveled time and space with their TARDIS until they settled in 1963 England. Things go well until her schoolteachers Ian Chesterton and Barbara Wright followed her after being suspicious on their pupil, and thus started having adventures with him. The Doctor later traveled with other companions after he dumped Susan and later when Ian and Barbara wanted to go back afterwards.

This incarnation is really grumpy and quite temperamental, but also very wise and can be kind. He does mean well, but because of how be haves around others can lead to the fact he can be rude.

He would meet his end after dealing with the Cybermen as he would collapse from age, but not before meeting Twelfth during the events of the 1986 Cybermen invasion.

Unfortunately, I hadn't watched much of the Old Doctor Who episode episodes that much compare to others. Not because of the dated and dodgy stuff compare to recent episodes, but because either they're hard to come back thanks to some DVDs of his stories being expensive, or because it's hard to know which ones are good as fans can tell you which stories are good or bad. I know people say look on dailymotion, but I'm just busy with other stuff to watch every episode, even those that aren't gone from the BBC.


Thankfully, I was able to watch two of his early serials, the Daleks' debut and the Sensorites that I rented at a library I used to go, and it's a good thing I did as they're very good stories for his era. Though be careful with the prices for the Sensorites, as that is REALLY high in prices, even more than the Two Doctors (at least in Region 1).

Adam Hargreaves' design of the first Doctor

Adam Hargreaves did his design of the first Doctor as part of the first wave of the Doctor Who/Mr. Men crossover books, which is designed after some of the bean shape characters like Mr. Uppity with a few minor tweaks. It's not too bad, but personally I don't like how he keeps switching his monocle at different eyes (a problem I had with Mr. Uppity as well).

Original design of the First Doctor.
I did my design of the First Doctor back in late 2010 after doing Nine,Ten and Eleven in Mr. Men forms and decided to do some on the Classic Doctors. I went with Mr. Grumpy's design, due to how he is like in the show. I also used Mr. Quiet's nose shape as well. This actually worked well as I can fit the costume onto him, as some of the Mr. Men characters are tricky to add clothing on due to them being only shapes. I'm not sure why I picked purple, maybe to just give him some interesting color choices, and it worked quite well.
 
Revamped model design of the First Doctor

When I got back into Mr. Men last year, I decided to revamp him along with the other Doctors (prior to War and Twelfth). Nothing major was changed, other than that I fixed the hair a bit more curved.


I later did a animated piece on the famous Goodbye scene the Doctor says to Susan in her departure story, "The Dalek Invasion of Earth".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr. Men Show Redesign - Miss Trouble

Hey everyone. Sorry if I was absent for a month, had a lot of things to do for February, but I'll explain about one of these days. Movin...